If you’re bringing your kids down to the Con this year you most likely won’t be able to spend ALL day and night in the convention center. Our kids can only spend so many hours indoors. I guess it just depends on how much whining you can handle! Fortunately there are a TON of things to do around the Gaslamp District for kids, teens, and adults alike.
1) Petco Park Interactive Zone. Across the bridge from the Hilton Bayfront is an area packed with events for SDCC attendees. It looks like this might be for older kids/teens and adults this year. While there are huge inflatables I remember last year there wasn’t much for the little tykes.
2) New Waterfront “Splash” park on Pacific Coast Highway.
The park opened this summer and looks amazing! Plenty of room for the younger set to run around and burn off some energy. The best part, totally free! If it’s a trek from your hotel, try taking a PediCab!
3) It’s Super Hero Month at the San Diego Children’s Museum! They sure know how to play to an audience 🙂 This downtown Children’s Museum has awesome hands-on exhibits and admission is only $10!
4) Zipline through GOTHAM! The lawn in front of the Hilton Bayfront will play host to the city of Gotham this Con! In year’s past Hilton has also provided some pretty good grilled burgers/hot dogs on the lawn too.
5) Is one of your kids a gamer?? Take them to the X-Box lounge inside the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Daily tournaments, 85 gaming stations, AND special guest appearances daily!
6) Also in the Manchester Grand (SO glad this is our home-base this year!) is a daily “Her Universe” Fashion Show. My daughter can’t wait!
My mind is spinning just thinking about all of this fun stuff! I’m just trying to figure out how I will squeeze nap time in here…hmmmm…..